- Does the product come with an instructions manual
- Does it work with alexa/ amazon?
- Does the handle come left or right?
- Can it be used as an exterior lock that is not weather protected?
- Can I remove / change access from a fingerprint
- Can this be locked from the inside?
- How do I remove my old door knob / handle?
- How many users can be programmed on the fingerprint, app and lock-code?
- What is app compatible with the lock?
- What Power Source does the product use?
- How can I do a hardreset so I can start a new programming?
- Can the the door be left unlocked without it unlocking every time / while its closed
- I failed too many times in opening and now unit always system locked?
- Battery Issues / Maintenance
- internal mechanism issues
- My order has arrived but it’s not as I expected. What can I do?
- My order is taking longer than expected
- Where is my order confirmation?
- How do I cancel my order?
Fingerprint Keypad Door Lock | Operation Questions
Does the product come with an instructions manual
Does it work with alexa/ amazon?
No only compatible apps are ielock for Android & e-lock for Apple
Does the handle come left or right?
The product is applicable to both the left and right handle of a door.
Can it be used as an exterior lock that is not weather protected?
The product is not recommended to use it outdoors this is mainly for home and offices. Any outdoor use would need weather protection.
Can I remove / change access from a fingerprint
Can this be locked from the inside?
The lock will automatically lock the door upon closing.
How do I remove my old door knob / handle?
We recommend calling a local locksmith for the best result and professionalism. Via https://www.locksmithspros.org/
Your previous (no screws) door knob removal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNJGkr4nGlk&ab_channel=Billshowto
Your previous door handle removal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXtodqFRZ1k&ab_channel=theoverengineer
Your new SnS Lock: https://safetynsecurities.com/pages/how-to-hub
How many users can be programmed on the fingerprint, app and lock-code?
There can be:
- 1 password
- 20 fingerprints
- Infinite app
Disclamer: It is the customers responsibility to keep security information safe.
What is app compatible with the lock?
Apple (app store): E-Lock
Android (google play): iElock
What Power Source does the product use?
3.7 lithium batteries
Troubleshooting | Fingerprint keypad door lock
How can I do a hardreset so I can start a new programming?
Restore factory setting - You can hold the fingerprint area until its red and verify admin by taping it again
If you activate the keypad with a touch then press and hold the # key on the handle until you are prompted for the manager fingerprint, submit your fingerprint listen to options. Select 3 to factory restore. You also get other admin options by this method on the handle without an app. The text-to-voice must spell \manager wrong as the device pronounces it "manger"
Can the the door be left unlocked without it unlocking every time / while its closed
If you hold the # key on handle until you are prompted for manager fingerprint, submit your fingerprint, then it will stay unlocked until the next time you enter admin or manager fingerprint.
read the first question for more info on admin/ manager operation
I failed too many times in opening and now unit always system locked?
Remove the battery and plug it back in.
Battery Issues / Maintenance
Please change the batteries every month for good maintenance
The battery type is 3.7 Lithium batteries
internal mechanism issues
Mechanical: Unscrew the 2 screws on the inside handle (no fingerprint).
Disassemble the lock - remove the connecting metal parts and re-adjust them.
Followed by a re-assembly of the lock.
Finally, do a factory reset by app or by lock - referring to the first question.
Orders - Replacements / Refunds
My order has arrived but it’s not as I expected. What can I do?
We will offer a refund or replacement on damaged and defective products
- There are no returns
DAMAGED / DEFECTIVE PRODUCT
- If any of your customers receive a product that is damaged or defective, SnS will gladly issue a full refund (product cost + shipping cost) or replacement as long as it's within 7 days of an order being delivered. The only requirement is proof of the damaged or defective product in the form of a high-quality image or video. You can send the image and/or video to our Customer Success team at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For certain products, it may be difficult for us to determine if something is actually damaged or defective. In rare scenarios like this, we will have to make a judgment call. This decision will be much easier to make if you provide us with as much information as possible about the damaged or defective product, and ensure that the high-quality images and videos showcase the damage or defect.
My order is taking longer than expected
We list in our shipping policy that
All orders for our products are processed and shipped out in 10-15 business days with 1-3 days of processing time.
Orders are not shipped or delivered on weekends or holidays.
If we are experiencing a high volume of orders, shipments may be delayed by a few days.
Please allow 2 additional days in transit for delivery. If there will be a significant delay in the shipment of your order, we will contact you via email.
- For any order that is still shipping for +5 days longer than the estimated shipping time - basically anything past 3 weeks, SnS will gladly refund you (shipping cost), but only if all has been addresed in the shipping policy
Ordering and delivery
Where is my order confirmation?
This is automatically sent to your email address when you place an order. If you haven’t received your order confirmation within 24 hours, please get in touch at email@example.com just in case there’s a problem with your order. Please check your mailbox’s spam or junk folder before contacting in case the order confirmation has been diverted there.
How do I cancel my order?
We have a no refund policy on new orders with no issues.
Please refer to the (My order has arrived but it’s not as I expected. What can I do?) faq for arrived orders